The Pillar Behaviors
Each and every MJCC staff member is expected to abide by the seven pillars of exemplary behavior as part of the MJCC team.
These pillars are as follows:
- B'ruchim Ha'Baim - Welcome
- Ezrah - Help or Assist
- B'Yachad - Teamwork
- Nikayon - Cleanliness
- Kehillah - Build Community
- L'hitraot - See You Again Soon
- Ruach - Serve with Spirit and Have Fun
B'ruchim Ha'Baim - Welcome everyone!
- Say "Hi" or "Shalom" with a smile in your voice and make eye contact
- Be proactive
- Greet the member by name (remember the 5-foot rule)
Ezrah - Help or Assist
- Always look for the opportunity to say "Yes!"
- Always provide an answer
- Provide information that is up-to-date and accurate
- Respond to all phone calls and comment cards in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
B'Yachad - Teamwork
- Treat everyone with respect
- Get to know each other
- Look for ways to help your teammates
- Offer to introduce them to another team member
- Promote and encourage your fellow team members
Nikayon - Cleanliness: Keep The Facility Clean, Stocked, and Ready
- Always look for ways to make the club look clean and well-stocked
- Make sure you clean your room or work area before the next program/session
- Wipe down equipment after the member has used it
- Keep all signage neat and clean and "take ones" stocked
- If you notice a piece of equipment is not operating properly, place a sign on it for the member and immediately tell the maintenance team or the manager on duty
Kehillah - Build Community
- Always look for ways to cross-promote other MJCC and PJA programs and services to your participants
- Network outside of the MJCC and PJA. Encourage members of the community to join and/or participate in our programs and services
- Look for opportunities to introduce members to each other
L'Hitraot - See You Again Soon!
- Be proactive and complete each experience
- Say "goodbye" with a smile in your voice and make eye contact
- Use the member's name
Ruach - Serve with Spirit and Have Fun!
- We smile, we laugh and we say "hi!"
- We shake people's hands and give high fives
- We celebrate successes
- We always find a way to help a member