Each and every MJCC staff member is expected to abide by the seven pillars of exemplary behavior as part of the MJCC team.
These pillars are as follows:
1. B'ruchim Ha'Baim - Welcome
2. Ezrah - Help or Assist
3. B'Yachad - Teamwork
4. Nikayon - Cleanliness
5. Kehillah - Build Community
6. L'hitraot - See You Again Soon
7. Ruach - Serve with Spirit and Have Fun
B'ruchim Ha'Baim - Welcome everyone!
- Say "Hi" or "Shalom" with a smile in your voice and make eye contact
- Be proactive
- Greet the member by name (remember the 5-foot rule)
Ezrah - Help or Assist
- Always look for the opportunity to say "Yes!"
- Always provide an answer
- Provide information that is up-to-date and accurate
- Respond to all phone calls and comment cards in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
B'Yachad - Teamwork
- Treat everyone with respect
- Get to know each other
- Look for ways to help your teammates
- Offer to introduce them to another team member
- Promote and encourage your fellow team members
Nikayon - Cleanliness: Keep The Facility Clean, Stocked, and Ready
- Always look for ways to make the club look clean and well-stocked
- Make sure you clean your room or work area before the next program/session
- Wipe down equipment after the member has used it
- Keep all signage neat and clean and "take ones" stocked
- If you notice a piece of equipment is not operating properly, place a sign on it for the member and immediately tell the maintenance team or the manager on duty
Kehillah - Build Community
- Always look for ways to cross-promote other MJCC and PJA programs and services to your participants
- Network outside of the MJCC and PJA. Encourage members of the community to join and/or participate in our programs and services
- Look for opportunities to introduce members to each other
L'Hitraot - See You Again Soon!
- Be proactive and complete each experience
- Say "goodbye" with a smile in your voice and make eye contact
- Use the member's name
Ruach - Serve with Spirit and Have Fun!
- We smile, we laugh and we say "hi!"
- We shake people's hands and give high fives
- We celebrate successes
- We always find a way to help a member