At the Mittleman Jewish Community Center, we provide quality programs that are age-appropriate, fun, and safe for rising kindergarten through 10th grade. Our camp is imbued with a sense of Simcha (joy), Kehila (community), Ruach (spirit), and Kef (fun). Throughout all of our programs, we encourage discovery and self-expression. The MJCC welcomes everyone, regardless of religious affiliation.
Just as we did last summer, we are working diligently to ensure the best experience possible for campers during the upcoming summer. Prioritizing the health and safety of our campers, families, and staff members is our top priority. This summer, we will again adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Oregon Health Authority in regards to the programming that we will be permitted to offer.
Though summer 2021 state guidelines are in the process of being finalized, we expect that camp will run in a similar fashion as last summer with enhanced safety and disinfecting procedures, stable groups, and physical distancing. Our program will continue to expand throughout the summer as guidelines evolve. We are proud that our 2020 summer ran for ten weeks with zero reported COVID cases due to our diligent efforts.
Camp registrations for each week are accepted through Thursday of the previous week. We make every effort to accommodate late registrations after Thursday. Call 971.254.8332 for any late registrations.
• Payment is due at the time of registration.
• Enrollment fees totaling $500 or less must be paid in full at the time of registration and may be paid by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX.
• Enrollment fees over $500 may be split into two payments (with a valid credit card on file): one at the time of registration and the other on or before May 31, 2021. The second payment will automatically be charged on May 31, 2021.
Financial aid is available.
Click here for the financial aid application. We are grateful to the Andrea & Herman Marenstein Endowment Fund, funding the Martha Olshen Scholarship for MJCC campers. For more information regarding camp scholarships, please email email@example.com
Flexible Cancellations + Refund Policy
Register early and reserve your child’s spot in camp without the risk. If you must cancel camp for Covid related concerns, you may do so with a 100% refund. For non-Covid related cancellations, there will be a $25 processing fee per child per camp. Non-Covid cancellations made within 14 days of the start of camp cannot be refunded.
MJCC Day Camp reserves the right to cancel camp programs due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. Should cancellations occur, Day Camp staff will contact the parents/guardians prior to the camp and refunds or transfers will be given. MJCC Day Camp also reserves the right to dismiss a camper whose behavior violates our Behavior Agreement, in which case no refund is given. The Behavior Agreement can be found in the MJCC Parent Handbook that is emailed to all camper families. Please review the behavior agreement with your camper.
How to Register Online
• Go to oregonjcc.org/daycamp.
• Click on Register Now.
• After finishing your registration, fill out the online health form for each camper at:
Please note: all campers must have a completed health form before the start of camp.
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Weekly Cost: $365. Member Cost: $315.
* Week 3: Cost: $290. Member Cost: $250.
Session I: June 21 - July 23* (5 weeks)
Cost: $1,611.50. Member Cost: $1,390.50.
Cost: $817.70. Member Cost: $707.20.
*No camp July 5
Session II: July 26 - Aug. 20 (4 weeks)
Full-day: Cost: $1,314. Member Cost: $1,134.
Half-Day: Cost: $666. Member Cost: $576.
Classic Camp - Half-day - Simcha only
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cost: $185. Member Cost: $160.
* Week 3: Cost: $148. Member Cost: $128.
Specialty Camps - Half-day
Simcha, Kehila, Ruach + Kef
9:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Skyhawks Camps: Cost: $185.
Member Cost: $165.
* Week 3: Cost: $165. Member Cost: $145
Mad Science Camps: $200 per week.
CIT - Counselor in Training
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cost: $175. Member: $150.
* Week 3: Cost: $140. Member Cost: $120.
* Week 3: No camp Monday, July 5.
Discounts on Classic Camp
Buy your camper four full weeks of Classic Full Day Camps at one time and receive a discount.
Purchase of four full weeks per camper must be completed in one transaction. Offer not to be combined with any other discounts. Not available online. Your four weeks of camp price receives a 10% discount off your four week total. Discount applies to either four weeks or
eight weeks of camp.
Our campers have access to the wide variety of facilities located on our secure campus at the MJCC.
• 25-yard Main Pool + Warm Water Pool
* Swimming in 2021 dependent on state guidelines and pool availability.
• Art room
• Ballroom with stage
• Private outdoor fields + play structures
• Racquetball courts
• Multiple rooms for activities
• Climate-controlled Sportsplex with indoor soccer field and gymnastics equipment
Josh Harrington, Seasonal Day Camp Manager
MJCC Main: 503.244.0111
Direct Office Line: 971.254.8332
Day Camp Office Hours
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Camp Office: 971.254.8332
• Registration confirmation will be emailed once it has been processed.
• Specific camp information will be emailed the week before each new camp week begins.
• Stay up to date on camp happenings through Facebook, weekly camp email updates, and
our website at oregonjcc.org/daycamp.
Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/mjccpdx
Join our Facebook group: MJCC Day Camp Families.
It takes a great staff to make a great camp.
It takes a great staff to make a great camp. We carefully screen and interview candidates to ensure that we hire staff who are committed, hardworking, enthusiastic role models for kids.
All of our staff undergo a criminal background check and are certified in First Aid and CPR. All camp staff participate in our intensive, multi-day staff training. Many of our camp staff return to us year after year, and our campers are excited to see their favorite counselors each summer.