- Classic Camp Guided Swim for Simcha
- Open Swim + Pool Float
- Swim Assessments Required for Campers
- Add Swim Lessons to Your Camp Day
- Guided swim teaches basic swimming skills, water safety, and life-saving skills, including floating, kicking, body position, and underwater skills.
- To encourage participation, an alternative activity is not offered during guided swim time. 100% camper participation is encouraged, but not required
Additional Information for Simcha SwimmingSimcha Classic campers swim in our Warm Water Pool every day. Two of the days, campers participate in guided swim and three of the days the Warm Water Pool will be available for Simcha Classic Camp open swim. For campers participating in Tu/Th only, guided swim is not available.
Pool FloatKehila, Ruach, and Kef use our pool float every Friday as part of their swimming time. Extra camp staff and lifeguards will be on deck to supervise. Campers who have not passed the swim assessment will be required to wear a life jacket.
- The swim assessment consists of jumping in the deep end, swimming on front halfway across the pool, rolling over unassisted, and swimming the remaining length on back.
- Campers who are able to complete the swim assessment will not be required to wear life jackets, except Simcha campers. Life jackets will be available for all swimmers.